Pages

Holiday Party Shopping Guide

Tuesday, December 11, 2012
‘Tis the season for office holiday parties, where normal rules of behavior and dress are often suspended. I’ll never forget last year’s, where my boss donned light up antlers and loudly bullied us into Alabama Slammer shots at 11:15 am.
I’m not here to counsel you on your behavior (I took the shots!) but I do have plenty of suggestions for looking classy at the holiday party. I like to start with a typical work outfit in more festive colors, like lush evergreen or thick creams. A hint of sparkle never hurts either, so you might as well jump on your only chance to wear sequins to the office.
Below, my shopping suggestions for sharing your Christmas spirit and still staying classy:

1.       This on-trend peplum dress would be perfect with a sparkly statement necklace and a great pair of heels. Banana Republic, $140
2.       Black and gold never fails, and it doubles as the perfect combo for New Year’s. Bauble Bar, $62
3.       J.Crew does the holidays best with their variety of cozy plaids. Button yours up and pair with a camel skirt. J. Crew, $78
4.       I like cream for the holidays- it always reminds me of snow and snuggling up by a fire. Banana Republic, $90
5.       If your office hosts glamorous parties (my friend’s company does theirs at the Guggenheim!) this would be spectacular. Ann Taylor, $88
6.       Red dress = instant holiday classic. Banana Republic, $150
7.       I love the embellished collar trend, and this one would look great over a soft gray sweater. Nordstrom, $38
8.   This pleated shell would nicely offset a charcoal skirt and black cardigan. Ann Taylor, $45


0 comments:

Post a Comment