Pages

Jewelry Organization

Monday, December 17, 2012
Thanks to Pinterest, I’ve recently become obsessed with organizing my jewelry. Unfortunately the set up of my apartment doesn’t allow for lush vanities with glass tops and built in jewelry trays, but I was able to spare a wall and hang a corkboard:


In hindsight, it may have been nice to paint the edges of that corkboard before hanging it. Oh well.
  
Anyway, I'm glad I did this- it’s so much nicer to actually see what I have, rather than wrestling a jumbled pile of chains at 6 am while the hubs sleeps. And I like being able to add little personal touches, like a much needed Scripture reminder and this awesome picture circa 1962 of my grandma and her sisters:


But it also had the added bonus of streamlining my shopping.  Once I saw everything next to each other, I realized I gravitated towards similar styles and kept buying the same things over and over again.


So next time I'm shopping, I'll know that I get my money's worth on statement necklaces, but that I probably don't need another pearl one. 

How do you organize your jewelry? My earrings need some organizational CPR- any tips for that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment